Thursday Morning Women's Bible Study:
This group meets year-round on Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 11:00 am. Women can enjoy warm fellowship and in-depth Bible study in a relaxing and welcoming setting. One hour is spent in Bible study followed by 30 minutes of sharing and prayer. The group meets at the church and is open to women of all ages. Childcare is provided at the church, if requested (please contact Emily Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org) For more info, please contact Phyllis Worsowicz (email@example.com).
Those who participate in this ministry prepare and provide meals for people in need of relief.
Vision and Goals:
Motto: Preparing women to serve for the glory of God
Vision Statement: Bringing women together in Christ for encouragement, service and spiritual growth
Goal Statement: The goal of Women's Ministry at South Dayton Presbyterian Church is to help every woman better understand the covenant of grace and the role it plays in her life and the life of the church. We desire to provide a framework, built on and sustained by prayer that will:
- Teach women a biblical perspective of their covenantal relationship with Christ, their family, the church and their community
- Exhort women to fulfill and understand their helper design
- Teach women to nurture and care for one another, and to glorify God by obeying the Titus mandate (Titus 2:1-5)
- Teach and provide opportunities for women to be instruments of compassion (Micah 6:8)
- Equip and provide opportunities for women in roles of service and leadership within the church under the headship of the Elders