Week 3, of four weeks of prayer
This Sunday we’ll be just 14 days from the Community Celebration.
A few updates on the party:
- 2,500 cards went out to peoples’ homes this week.
- Last week about 400 cards went out on Sunday, and we’ve been giving them away all week. A number of people have asked me for extras, and there are still more available.
- We made a Facebook event this week, and began advertising it. Don’t forget to Like it and RSVP!
- I have personally invited almost all the people who’ve been working on our building, and a number of them told me they are planning on coming.
- I crossed Alex Bell Rd today to ask if we could use our two business neighbors’ parking lots for overflow on 10/2. Not only were they happy to let us use them, it turns out both of the people I spoke with are believers who were planning on checking out our church in the future, and are now interested in coming to the party!
- So far permits with Centerville is going according to plan. Pray that there wouldn’t be any hang-ups.
- We’re going to have signup sheets ready on Sunday so people can volunteer for setup, tear down, and trash detail. We need folks for picking up rentals, setting up tents & activities, running wires, and of course for the great tear down at the end!
Starting this week, we’re going to be praying for setup, concerns on the day of and volunteers. Please pray for the great success from God as we celebrate what he’s done in the life of our church, and what he will do in the future. Ask God to provide volunteers, a smooth setup, and continued favor from our community. Pray also for sanity for the people leading and recruiting for the party.